Saturday, 9 May 2015

Dissecting Your Dissection of an MPD

Truth be told, it took me a while to read your Manic Pixie Dreamgirl post, Kristine, 'cause it looks so much like those templated-BuzzFeed/Thoughtcatalog articles. But since I love you, and getting, let's call it lola mail, is always exciting, I went through it. And you know, what? SO ON-POINT! And I'm just going to go ahead and quote a few things from it even though it's just right before this post. (What? Lolas can be ulyanin.)


1) "Comics are cool. Why are you still surprised I like this shit? Is it because I’m a girl?"

THIS. It's funny how this is an MPD trait. I mean, isn't this supposed you to make you a big nerd? But I guess, since not a lot of girls are exposed to comicbooks (because I'm pretty sure a lot of girls will actually really like reading it if it wasn't so much packaged as a 'boy-thing' like how a Barbie is a 'girl-thing'), it makes you some kind of Legendary Pokémon.


2) "The intimacy was comforting, I guess, but that’s all it ever was, tension...'Cause it’s not always fun to deal with romantic complications."

Funny how you call it "tension". And I pretty much quoted that just to say, yeah, I guess that's what it was. To quote another MPD-ish twitter account,


3) "Smart underdressing is what it is."
Okay, for the heading of that one, you said, "A lot of people say I still look pretty even when I don’t dress up that much." Well, that's not really the case for me.

People only say that to me for the opposite reason--when I actually do dress up. And I like dressing up! It makes me feel good, and sometimes that's 'cause some people finally notice. That, you know, hey, I can look good too.

But "smart underdressing"? Yes, that is my peg in life. I dress up to look dressed down, and fabulous! Hahaha. But yeah, it's some MPD thing too 'cause, you know, "Smart undressing is what it is", and:


4) "Or that I when I finally get used to something, I'd have the tendency to feel trapped just like Clementine Kruczynski."

Actually, I never really analyzed Clementine as much, but this, this is me. A little Clementine Kruczynski, a little Margo Roth Spiegelman, escape artist.


5)And I can't help but agree with you in saying that "sometimes you just gotta have to be a manic pixie dreamgirl"

'Cause it's pretty cool too, you know? Beeing mysterious and ~fleeting~ and all that stuff. Yes, sometimes it may hurt people, but sometimes that's what it takes for people to learn.

Lola loves,
Eiraye

No comments:

Post a Comment