Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Cue: That Jordin Sparks Song

I am going to put off writing my library research first so I can reply to your post (also because it’s part of my writing process, as it is to everyone’s, to procrastinate before gathering all my guts and typing in the first word on my paper) ‘cause, wow, writing a schedule? Like, man, I’m not even being sarcastic right now. Okay, so, I’m not sure if anyone else realize this, but organizing all the things that you have to do in a day or in a week or, basically, just having a set of plans or goals, doesn’t matter if long-term or short-term, is like some really hardcore grown up stuff. It’s like seeing your less-than-a-year old brother walk on his two feet for the first time, ever. And, nope, nope, I’m still not exaggerating on how psyched I am at this.

I’m not sure, Eira, if I’ve told you this, but it was just by the start of this semester did I truly appreciate the ~wonders~ of listing down to dos on a planner. Boy, did it change my life. Seriously. Has everyone known about this? Ugh. You guys are amazing. I'm really, truly envious. Envious and impressed.

I forgot what the exact quote was, it’s just something I saw on my Facebook feed, but it's something along the lines of… dang it, I can’t put it in my own words. I’m gonna go try search for it on Facebook. Hang on...

Ah, here it is!
"Don't think about what can happen in a week, in a month, or even in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be."
Now any wiseacre might say, “How are you going to reach your goal if you’re not going to anticipate what’s going to happen in a year?” You’ve got a point there, Mr. Smartypants, but, to me, the quote just means that the future is beyond anybody’s control; that’s a fact. Things could happen that may disrupt all our plans, but the most that we could really do is to take the steps needed in order to get closer to our goal, regardless of the misfortunes that may (or, you know, may not) come our way. When I started having this kind of mindset, things got easier for me. And you know that that’s saying a lot, based on the amount of screw ups I had during my first years in college. It’s really funny how life can be simple sometimes, until these chemicals in our bodies and overthinking screw it all up. But we’re in this together, Eira. Like you said, everyone at their own pace.

I have nothing else to share for now ‘cause, uhm, we kinda just had a date at the library? Except for that one thing I told you about this afternoon, but, like what I just said, one step at a time. I’ll do that other thing first before I worry about the next.

Don’t worry about finishing Breakfast at Tiffany’s too soon. We just live in the same town, so, it’s okay if you and my homeboy Truman would have some…slumber party there or whatever. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did. Or, you know, sob fest.


Kristine

PS Jogging tomorrow, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment